Connect your home and outdoor life
relaxing backyard patio in DallasThere is almost no renovation more valuable and useful to homeowners today than creating an outdoor living room. Rather than simply having a backyard that you look at but never use, an outdoor living room connects your indoor and outdoor life in a seamless way. It allows you to enjoy more overall living space.
For most homeowners, the main reasons they want to create an outdoor living room include:
- Increased use of available space – an outdoor living room can make use of the available space you have and increase your overall living space. Outdoor living rooms can include comfortable seating, sound features, trickling water fountains and fireplaces. It can be just like your living room – only outdoors.
- More entertainment space – whether you entertain infrequently or often, an outdoor living room expands the space you have to share with friends and family. You can invite more people over more often and enjoy the living rooms inside and outside.
- Increased property value – a well-designed, beautiful outdoor living room is appealing to many homeowners and will increase the value of your home. Buyers like the fact that a home includes a nice outdoor living space (or two!).
- Better health – it’s a proven fact that spending time outdoors is healthy. An outdoor living room helps you achieve the goal of better health. Connect the health benefits of being in outdoor spaces with your indoor living to de-stress, relax and revitalize your spirit.
- Get the kids off the couches – an outdoor living space designed with the entire family in mind gets the kids active and out of the house.
Some of the more popular features found in many outdoor living rooms include:
- Outdoor fireplaces and fire pits
- Comfortable lounge areas that mimic the comfort of the indoors
- Complete kitchens including grills and dining areas
- Full-feature bars with storage for mixing and serving drinks
- Weather protection so you can enjoy the space even when the conditions are not optimal
A professional hardscape landscaper can help you determine the shape and features ideal for your outdoor living room. Consult your local landscape design experts in Dallas/Fort Worth neighborhoods such as Highland Park, University Park, Plano, Frisco, McKinney, Coppell, Southlake and Colleyville for more information on outdoor living rooms.